In 1916 a group of earnest students of Christian Science met in various homes around White Bear Lake and Bald Eagle Lake MN. In 1918 they formed the first Christian Science Society in the area. By 1918 the membership had grown, enabling them to buy the Methodist church building at Clark Ave in White Bear Lake. In 1941 the church was remodeled to accommodate a Sunday School. Nearly 100 years later, the Christian Science church of White Bear Lake continues to welcome families, neighbors and friends at the same location.